GF, DF, AIP, Paleo, SCD
I make this soup *just about* every week in the winter, I put a slightly different spin on it each time, but for the most part it remains the same.
This soup feels comforting, filling, and healing. All the things I need in the winter months. And it's seriously the easiest soup.
R E C I P E:
In your instant pot add...
• 3 cups bone broth
• 1lb chicken (thighs are the best, but the breast will do)
• 4 carrots diced
• 3 stalks celery diced
• 3 golden beets diced
• 1 package mushrooms diced
• 1/2 onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 Tbls rosemary
• 1Tbls thyme
• 1 Tbls oregano
• 1 Tbls salt (yup... Tbls not tsp... Less if you prefer)
Close the lid and set for 20 mins on manual
• Once it has naturally released, open the lid and remove the chicken to shred. Put the chicken back in the soup.
Tip: throw chicken in your mixer with the whisk attachment, it takes less than 1 min to shred.
• Chop 1 bunch of kale or swiss chard and put in the soup. Stir into the soup it will naturally wilt.
• Add one box of @aroyd_official coconut milk (seriously the best coco milk I've found).
Stir and serve, with 1/2 an avocado and simple mills almond crackers (if tolerated).
Variations you can make with veggies:
- sweet potato
- riced cauliflower
- butternut squash
- collard greens
- just about any other veggies you want or have in your fridge could go in this, follow the basic recipe and it will still taste so comforting!